AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
This is an introduction to double-entry book-keeping
The Foundation Certificate in Book-keeping is recommended as an entry level if you have limited or no knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping, and is suitable for those who are working, or who want to work, in accountancy or finance.
What Will I Study?
The AAT Foundation Certificate in Book-keeping consists of 2 units.
This course will teach you basic accounting and financial skills, such as recording transactions in the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledgers, and double-entry bookkeeping to initial trial balance stage.
What Qualification Will I Get?
Upon successful completion of this level, you will be awarded the AAT Foundation Certificate in Book-keeping.
What Modules Are Covered?
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Understanding financial transactions within a book-keeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing Receipts & Payments
- Processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Book-keeping Controls
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a book-keeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
How Long Will I Study?
The duration of the Foundation Certificate course is 12 weeks (plus exam weeks)
How Will I Be Assessed?
AAT assessments are:
- Practical computer based assessments which will be computer marked
- Designed to reflect real-life tasks
- Flexible - you can sit them anytime of the year
- Depending on the assessment, you may get your provisional results straight away
What Are The Entry Requirements?
Grade A - C in GCSE English and Maths is required.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
Please contact us for details of the course fee
Students are responsible for registering with AAT:
|One-off admission fee:||£44 approx.|
|Annual student membership fee:||£44 approx.|
AAT Exam fees are payable prior to sitting the exam:
|Unit assessments:||Price on application|
|Synoptic assessment:||Price on application|
Textbooks will also be required to complete the course:
|Estimated cost for full set of books:||£40|
Enrolments take place throughout the year.
A minimum of 90% attendance is expected.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply.
What Can I Do After This Course?
Students who are successful on this course can gain suitable positions in an accounting / financial environment or gain promotion within their organisation.
Successful students may progress to the Advanced Certificate in Book-keeping or the Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
Got A Question About This Course?
Call (01926) 679218
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org