Making Sense of Financial Documents
This course is for you if you need to understand the purpose of financial documents and processes.
Day-to-day business requires a lot of customer and supplier documentation. This course will help you understand the purpose of financial documents from invoices through to bank reconciliations. It will show you how to keep records so that you can work effectively, and keep your accountant and the VAT inspector happy.
1. Customer documentation and records
- Sales invoices and credit notes against source documents
- Processing sales invoices and credit notes
- Keeping a sales day-book and supplier accounts
- Producing customer statements
- How to deal with payments from customers
2. Supplier documentation and records
- Purchase invoices and credit notes against source documents
- Processing purchase invoices and credit notes
- Keeping a purchases day-book and supplier accounts
- Checking supplier statements
- How to deal with payments to suppliers
3. Recording receipts and payments in the cashbook, and checking bank activities.
- Recording amounts received and payments made in the cash receipts book
- How to calculate the bank balance
- Checking and updating the cash receipts book and cash payment book against the bank statement
- How to reconcile the bank balance on the bank statement with the bank balance according to the cash receipts book and cash payment book
This is a one day course approximately 6 hours in duration.
Please contact Kevin or Lyn on 01926 679218
or Email: email@example.com