AAT Access Award in Accounting
The AAT Access Award in Accounting is a short qualification with just one assessment
It helps students develop essential business and finance skills covering the basic core areas in accounting and finance, which can be applied directly to the workplace.
The Access Award is recommended as an entry level if: you need to get to grips with business language and terminology; have not studied for some time and need a general training refresher; or need a basic introduction to accounting and business skills.
It is a short qualification designed for younger students not currently in employment or training. However, it will equally suit older, but less experienced students gain the skills and confidence to start a career in business or accountancy.
The AAT Access Award will also help students who are not yet ready to study AAT Foundation Certificate for reasons which may include;
- Lacking confidence.
- Speak English as a second language.
- Would prefer more support or a stepped approach to grasp accounting concepts.
What Will I Study?
The AAT Access Award in Accounting consists of 4 units with 1 assessment.
This course will teach you basic mathematical concepts used by finance professionals and introduce basic accounting principles.
What Qualification Will I Get?
Upon successful completion of this level, you will be awarded the AAT Access Award in Accounting.
What Modules Are Covered?
- Mathematics for accounting
- Understanding and developing skills in a range of basic mathematical functions using financial data
- Understanding basic mathematical concepts and applying a range of numerical skills required by financial professionals
- Essential accounting procedures
- Applying basic accounting terminology to business documents and procedures
- Understanding the principles of single-entry accounting systems, including preparing to record business transactions in the books of prime entry
- Understanding types of coding and batch control
- Preparing documents to process receipts and payments
- Preparing a basic profit statement
- Creating business documents
- Familiarising learners with a range of documents used within the accountancy function and other areas of the business
- Understanding the importance of good quality communications, including knowledge of formal and informal written communications
- Identifying different types of business documents and understanding why it is important to choose the right style for internal and external communications
- Accounting in a professional environment
- Understanding how efficient working practices and personal development will help both individuals and businesses succeed
- Appreciating how the legal framework and ethical behaviour affect the way a business is run
How Long Will I Study?
The duration of the Access Award course is 12 weeks (plus exam weeks)
How Will I Be Assessed?
- You will be assessed by Computer-based assessment
What Are The Entry Requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification and you don’t need relevant work experience. This means that this qualification is ideal if you are leaving school or college, returning to work or thinking of changing career.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
Please contact us for details of the course fee
Students are responsible for registering with AAT:
This will include an annual fee and a one-off registration fee.
AAT Exam fees are payable prior to sitting the exam:
Textbooks will also be required to complete the course:
|Estimated cost for full set of books:||£15|
A minimum of 90% attendance is expected.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply.
What Can I Do After This Course?
Students who are successful on this course could progress further onto the Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
Got A Question About This Course?
Call (01926) 679218
or email: email@example.com