Finance for Non-Financial Managers
This course is ideal if you’re a manager looking for a basic grounding in key financial documents and processes.
Most managerial roles involve the review of financial documents, analysis of financial performance and managing budgets. However this can be challenging if you don’t have a background in finance. This course will help you to understand basic financial documents used in business. You will learn how to interpret the information in these documents, and use it to manage day-to-day business activity. This will enable you to be more effective in your managerial role.
1. Understanding the income statement account and statement of financial position
- What is included in a statement of financial position
- What is included in an income statement account
- The differences between the above two financial statements
2. Using information from the income statement account and statement of financial position
- How to interpret information from an income statement account and statement of financial position
- Ratio analysis
- How to interpret using ratio analysis
- How to use selected ratios to interpret information in financial statements
- The limitations of ratio analysis
3. Controlling cash
- Why cash doesn’t equal profit
- What you can do to ensure there’s sufficient cash within the business
4. Using budgets to manage business activity
- How budgets help with day to day business management
- How to interpret information in a budget
This is a one day course which is approximately 6 hours in length.
Please contact Kevin or Lyn on 01926 679218
or Email: email@example.com