AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accountancy
The AAT qualification consists of three levels
In order to complete the qualification and gain full membership of the AAT, you will need to also complete the other two levels.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate is recommended as an entry level if you have limited or no knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping, and is suitable for those who are working, or who want to work, in accountancy or finance.
What Will I Study?
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting consists of 5 units.
This course will teach you basic accounting and financial skills, such as recording transactions in the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledgers, double-entry bookkeeping to initial trial balance stage and basic costing principles, as well as Computerised Accounting using Sage software.
In addition to covering a range of basic accounting practices and techniques, you will also gain invaluable self-management and time management skills, and develop an appreciation of ethical issues and sustainability, which is essential for any workplace.
What Qualification Will I Get?
Upon successful completion of this level, you will be awarded the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
What Modules Are Covered?
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Understanding financial transactions within a book-keeping system
- Processing customer transactions
- Processing supplier transactions
- Processing Receipts & Payments
- Processing transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Principles of Bookkeeping Controls
- Understanding payment methods
- Understanding controls in a book-keeping system
- Using control accounts
- Using the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Business Environment
- Understanding an organisation’s finance function
- Using numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Working independently or in a team to prioritise tasks and manage colleagues’ responsibilities
- Understanding ethical values, principles and importance of confidentiality
- Understanding and explaining benefits to organisations of sustainable values
- Principle of Costing
- Understanding an organisation’s cost recording system and using it to record or extract data
Note: Individual modules can be offered for those students wishing to complete previous Level 2 studies, please contact us for further details
How Long Will I Study?
The duration of the AAT Level 2 Certificate course is 23 weeks (plus exam weeks)
How Will I Be Assessed?
AAT assessments are:
- Practical computer based assessments which will be either computer marked or human marked.
- Designed to reflect real-life tasks
- Flexible - you can sit them anytime of the year
- Depending on the assessment, you may get your provisional results straight away
Individual units will be assessed in unit assessments.
What Are The Entry Requirements?
Grade A - C in GCSE English and Maths is required.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
Please contact us for details of the course fee
Students are responsible for registering with AAT:
|One-off admission fee:||approx. £43|
|Annual student membership fee:||approx. £92|
AAT Exam fees are payable prior to sitting the exam:
|Unit assessments:||Price on application|
Textbooks will also be required to complete the course:
|Estimated cost for full set of books:||£80|
Enrolments take place throughout the year. Fast Track options may be available to those with relevant experience.
A minimum of 90% attendance is expected.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply.
What Can I Do After This Course?
Students who are successful on this course can gain suitable positions in an accounting / financial environment or gain promotion within their organisation.
Successful students who meet the attendance requirements will be offered a place on the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
Got A Question About This Course?
Call (01926) 679218
or Email: email@example.com