Budgeting for the Small Business
This course is ideal if you’re a business professional without an accountancy and finance background.
Budgeting plays a key role in business planning - it enables you to monitor performance and keep an eye out for danger signs. This course will help you to prepare budgets, make informed budgeting decisions, and effectively communicate financial information to business partners and the bank.
1. Why budget?
- What a budget is
- When to budget
- Why business complete budgets
2. Operational budgets
- Component parts of an operational budget
- What an operational budget looks like
- Sources of information for figures in operational budgets
- Factors that influence figures in operational budgets
- The scope of an operational budget
- How to calculate figures for an operational budget
3. Cash flow budgets
- Component parts of a cash flow budget
- What a cash flow budget looks like
- Sources of information for figures in cash flow budgets
- Factors that influence figures in cash flow budgets
- How to calculate figures for a cash flow budget
4. Using budgets to manage and control the business
- The budgeting process
- The importance of completing budgets
- How to use budgets
This is a one day course lasting approximately 6 hours in length.
Contact the team on 01926 679218
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org